There’s nothing we love more than true crime. We talk about it, we read about it, hell, we built the Death Becomes Us true crime festival (buy your tickets to the upcoming D.C. festival now!). So we decided to take our daily true crime chats (it’s a fun office environment!) and condense them into an easy to read column jam packed with all the crime news you crave. From our favorite podcasts, to some classic #TBTs, we’ve got all the talking points you need to scare your friends and family.
DISPATCHES FROM THE DEAD: PODCAST RECOMMENDATIONS
- I have some hot, new podcast recommendations for you, but considering the date it would be remiss of me not to mention the incredibly well researched and touching 9/11 series by Last Podcast on the Left. It’s a very hard episode to get through, but absolutely worth it.
- BROKEN: Jeffrey Epstein has just started (there’s only one episode currently), but it sounds like it’s going to be an information packed look at Epstein’s bevy of crimes.
- You could set your watch to Parcast’s podcast release schedule. Their latest podcast is called Natural Disasters and kicks off with a two part look at Krakatoa.
NEWLY UNEARTHED: TRUE CRIME NEWS
- “Ethics is true crime podcasting” is a real thing I just read in a real headline. Welcome to hell.
- In more true crime podcast news, Refinery 29 is really getting into the story of Fred & Rosemary West.
- If you don’t know anything about the crimes covered in season 2 of Mindhunter, Esquire has your back.
- Put these true crime landmarks on your bucket list.
- Death Becomes Us alum / author of The Real Lolita Sarah Weinman talks about the power of true crime for the Washington Post. Hell yes.
- And speaking of our true crime festival Death Becomes Us, festival director Jenn Tisdale talked to the Post about her true crime D.C. dream day.
THE CRIME CAPSULE: ON THIS DAY
Look, you know the date. Instead of a fun true crime fact, we’re going to direct you to this explainer of the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund.