There’s nothing we love more than true crime. We talk about it, we read about it, hell, we built the Death Becomes Us true crime festival. So we decided to take our daily true crime chats (it’s a fun office environment!) and condense them into an easy to read column jam packed with all the crime news you crave. From our favorite podcasts, to some classic #TBTs, we’ve got all the talking points you need to scare your friends and family.
DISPATCHES FROM THE DEAD: PODCAST RECOMMENDATIONS
- Let’s kick this baby off with something that’s incredibly timely, Coronavirus! If you’re curious (and you should be) about this baby, check out CNN’s Coronavirus: Fact vs. Fiction. It’s a… true crime against humanity… right?
- The folks behind True Crime Obsessed have a brand new mini podcast, Obsessed with: Abducted In Plain Sight. Binge all four episodes the same way you binged the Netflix doc.
- There’s also the always the always evergreen subject of women and crime, which you can tap into by listening to the Women & Crime podcast! That’s some good SEO right there.
NEWLY UNEARTHED: TRUE CRIME NEWS
- The good reviews for McMillions keep pouring in.
- And speaking of true crime docs, here’s a write up about The Most Dangerous Game of All.
- The college admissions scandal is definitely going to be the new hot thing in true crime TV / movies. We love a scandal.
- Your long read of the day is about true crimes at sea! Fish based true crime!
THE CRIME CAPSULE: ON THIS DAY
On this day in 1986, American serial killer Ted Bundy was almost executed. Yes, you read that right.