There’s nothing we love more than true crime. We talk about it, we read about it, hell, we built the Death Becomes Us true crime festival (which is coming to New York City this March, get your tickets to hang out with Amanda Knox now!). So we decided to take our daily true crime chats (it’s a fun office environment!) and condense them into an easy to read column jam packed with all the crime news you crave. From our favorite podcasts, to some classic #TBTs, we’ve got all the talking points you need to scare your friends and family.
DISPATCHES FROM THE DEAD: PODCAST RECOMMENDATIONS
- I don’t know about you, but I finally caught up with the rest of the world and finished NPR’s Believed, the story of serial abuser / famous gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar and his public downfall. I cried multiple times! It is an incredible piece of journalism and I never want to listen to it again.
- In between crying jags, I’ve also been catching up with Generation Why, a great general true crime podcast that covers everything from missing people to man overboards to murders.
- In brand new podcast news, Paul Holes and Billy Jensen have just announced their new podcast Murder Squad! Catch them at Death Becomes Us in NYC before the first episode goes live.
NEWLY UNEARTHED: TRUE CRIME NEWS
- Death Becomes Us is two weeks away! Hang out with real live magician Damien Echols! Bask in the wonder that is John Douglas! Go to a live episode of Monster: Zodiac Killer!
- If true crime makes you feel guilty, you’re not alone.
- Refinery 29 does a deep dive into the world of self made Internet detectives.
- Everyone in their right mind is talking about The Case Against Adnan Syed. Including Vulture, Quartz, Mashable and The Atlantic.
- Here’s a quick excerpt from the newest Lizzie Borden book, The Trial of Lizzie Borden.
- Macmillan is jumping headfirst into true crime podcasts.
- And USA Today lists their favorite true crime ‘casts, if you need some more options.
THE CRIME CAPSULE: ON THIS DAY
We don’t have a fact today… but there will be plenty of interesting true crime facts at Death Becomes Us next week!