There’s nothing we love more than true crime. We talk about it, we read about it, hell, we built the Death Becomes Us true crime festival. So we decided to take our daily true crime chats (it’s a fun office environment!) and condense them into an easy to read column jam packed with all the crime news you crave. From our favorite podcasts, to some classic #TBTs, we’ve got all the talking points you need to scare your friends and family.
DISPATCHES FROM THE DEAD: PODCAST RECOMMENDATIONS
- If you can’t get enough of Tonya Harding, and honestly who can’t, check out the new podcast You’re Wrong About which just dropped two episodes about the infamous ice skater.
- Tired of all the big city murders? Get on board with Small Town Murder…the latest episode takes us to Guilford, CT where a child makes a gruesome discovery. From the mouths of babes!
- While Reveal isn’t a straight true crime podcast it dips its toes into the genre regularly. Hosted by Al Letson and reporters/newsrooms around the world, Reveal takes a deep dive into the pressing issues of the world through the eyes of journalists. Start with Cops on a Crime Spree and keep on going.
NEWLY UNEARTHED: TRUE CRIME NEWS
- Obsessed with true crime? Obviously. Experts let us know the evolutionary reasons why we just can’t get enough of murder. – Bustle
- This man found a dead baby in his mother’s freezer. I mostly have ice cream. – CNN
- Hell yeah America! Here’s a comprehensive list of true crime books for every state. Et tu DC? – NY Times
- Here are 10 true crime movies that will keep you up at night, not because you’re afraid but because you’re in love. – Screen Rant
- Ahead of the 50th anniversary of the Manson murders, everything’s coming up Manson! It’s just another Manson Monday (Wednesday). – Newsweek
THE CRIME CAPSULE: ON THIS DAY
On this day in 1935 Friedrich Paul ‘Fritz’ Honka was born. Friedrich was a German serial killer (no surprise there) who killed at least 4 people between 1970 and 1975, and kept the bodies in his flat. Hope they split the rent.