There’s nothing we love more than true crime. We talk about it, we read about it, hell, we built the Death Becomes Us true crime festival. So we decided to take our daily true crime chats (it’s a fun office environment!) and condense them into an easy to read column jam packed with all the crime news you crave. From our favorite podcasts, to some classic #TBTs, we’ve got all the talking points you need to scare your friends and family.
DISPATCHES FROM THE DEAD: PODCAST RECOMMENDATIONS
- We’re kicking this week off with a show that already feels like a classic in the young genre that is true crime podcasts. If you haven’t listened to Up and Vanished, the podcast starts with the deep dive into the disappearance of Tara Grinstead, which lead to two arrests and a conviction.
- And since we’re talking about podcasts with healthy back catalogues, we highly you check out the new season of Uncover. For season six, they’re taking you back in time to the satanic panic of the 80s.
- If you want something shiny and new, The Officer’s Wife is all about the murder of a police officer’s wife in Georgia, and it looks dark.
NEWLY UNEARTHED: TRUE CRIME NEWS
- True Crime Obsessed is the first podcast to pivot to…. Broadway?
- Because Oxygen always has something fun (and morbid) cooking up, here’s a preview of the upcoming season of Cold Justice.
- And speaking of new things, here’s what Investigation Discovery has cooking up.
- Are you watching McMillion$? The LA Times really wants you to start watching McMillion$.
- On the other hand, The Atlantic is skeptical of Netflix’s The Pharmacist.
- But let’s break away from TV and podcasts and spend some time with a long read about the rise of Mexico’s newest narco.
THE CRIME CAPSULE: ON THIS DAY
On this day in 1951, the serial killer Stephen Morin was born in Rhode Island.