There’s nothing we love more than true crime. We talk about it, we read about it, hell, we built the Death Becomes Us true crime festival. So we decided to take our daily true crime chats (it’s a fun office environment!) and condense them into an easy to read column jam packed with all the crime news you crave. From our favorite podcasts, to some classic #TBTs, we’ve got all the talking points you need to scare your friends and family.
DISPATCHES FROM THE DEAD: PODCAST RECOMMENDATIONS
- Our friend Jake Brennan, the host of Disgraceland, dives into the lives of some of the most famous musicians of all time, and their untimely deaths, with his new show 27 Club. The first two episodes are about Jimi Hendrix and they’re quite the wild ride.
- In more new podcast news, HLN just kicked off their new podcast Down the Hill: The Delphi Murders. The show looks at the 2017 murder of two young girls in Delphi, Indiana.
- If you’d like your podcast with a side of docuseries, HBO is releasing a McMillion$ podcast to go along with their McMillion$ show. Fraud! It’s a true crime.
NEWLY UNEARTHED: TRUE CRIME NEWS
- The best (read: saddest) true crime story of the day is Entertainment Weekly’s look into the murder that changed reality TV as we know it.
- And speaking of sad stories, The New Republic argues that football is the real villain in Netflix’s Killer Inside: The Mind of Aaron Hernandez.
- And speaking of Netflix, The Independent takes a look at their newest true crime series.
- While we’re in TV land, TV Fanatic is loving HBO’s McMillion$ series.
- If you like true crime and you like YouTube unboxing videos, this new show brings them both together. Weird!
THE CRIME CAPSULE: ON THIS DAY
On this day in 1948, serial killer Roy Lewis Norris was born in Colorado. After meeting Lawrence Bittaker, he would later be named one of the Toy Box Killers.