There’s nothing we love more than true crime. We talk about it, we read about it, hell, we built the Death Becomes Us true crime festival. So we decided to take our daily true crime chats (it’s a fun office environment!) and condense them into an easy to read column jam packed with all the crime news you crave. From our favorite podcasts, to some classic #TBTs, we’ve got all the talking points you need to scare your friends and family.
DISPATCHES FROM THE DEAD: PODCAST RECOMMENDATIONS
- Your friends at the LA Times (the folks who brought you Dirty John and Man In the Window) have a new podcast called Room 20, a heartbreaking story about a mysterious man who on life support who was unidentified for 15 years.
- Another week, another Parcast Network true crime podcast gets released into the world. If you’re interested in medical mysteries, we recommend you listen to Medical Mysteries.
- If you’re looking for something a little more vintage, The Killing of Marilyn Monroe should be right up your alley.
NEWLY UNEARTHED: TRUE CRIME NEWS
- Donna Freitas, author of the book Consent: A Memoir of Unwanted Attention, talks about what it was like to be stalked with The Cut.
- And The Guardian talks to Rachel DeLoache Williams, friend of socialite scammer Anna Delvey and author of the book My Friend Anna.
- Unlike most Netflix shows, Netflix and A+E Network show I Am A Killer is getting a second season.
- If you want to read another long form piece about why we love true crime, the Washington Post has you covered.
- Rolling Stone takes a deep dive into the world of murder and serial killer memorabilia.
- Let’s finish this off with a roundup of all the information we have about Jeffrey Epstein’s ‘pedophile island’ via The Cut.