For seven years now, the DC SHORTS film festival has spotlighted the best in short filmmaking around. And chances are, you probably have been planning to stop by and check it out and either never found the time or simply got overwhelmed by the extensiveness of the selection.
Well, this weekend, at the ATLAS PERFORMING ARTS theatre and up and down H Street, Jon Gann takes the guesswork out of it and presents REWIND “7 Years of the Best Films from the DC Shorts Festival”. Plus, he got a bunch of area favorite restaurants and bars to participate in the “Neighborhood Pass” program which allows you to enjoy amazing specials. Grab a meal before a show — and drinks or dessert after!
Plus, if you download a pass and have it stamped at 3 venues (everyone from Little Miss Whiskey’s to newly reopened Argonaut to H Street Country club is participating-ed), and you receive a free ticket to any one of the weekend’s screenings (Best of Shows excluded) There — you just saved more money. You may as well just move to H Street for the 28th and 29th.
BUT! Drinking, eating and hanging out aside, it IS all about the movies, right?
- The big ticket, so to speak, is “God Of Love” by Luke Matheny which follows the adventures of lounge-singing darts champion Raymond Goodfellow, whose prayers are answered — literally — when he receives a package of passion-inducing darts, and which JUST got nominated for BEST SHORT for the 2011 Academy Awards. Catch it on FRIDAY, AT 9:30PM during the “BEST OF DC SHORTS PART A” screening.
- Other highlights (all movies are grouped in 90 minute sets, fyi) include:
- Festival Directors’ Favorites – Friday at 7pm which include musings on one’s past, exploring complex family relationships in under 8 minutes and more.
- A local filmmaker showcase on Saturday at 3pm. with many of the filmmakers in attendance for the after the show party sponsored by Ketel One
- Free Family Films on Sunday
And more. The full schedule can be found here: http://rewind.dcshorts.com/films/, individual tickets are $12, the all ACCESS pass is $50, and you can save $2 by join their Facebook Group (here), or tweeting any message using our hashtag #dcshorts. (plus, don’t forget the neighborhood pass).
THERE, WE JUST FOUND YOU THE PERFECT DATE PLAN FOR THIS WEEKEND, ONE THAT WILL BOTH IMPRESS AND ENTERTAIN.. YOU CAN THANK US LATER.