Tonight is the first presidential debate, so you could head to one of these bars for a happy hour watch party, but if you’d rather avoid that craziness, check out one of these events.
- Debate. Go watch at a bar.
- Go see Adam Ruins Everything Live! at the 9:30 club at 7 p.m. He probably won’t ruin your night. He’s quite enjoyable.
- Politics and Prose is hosting Alan Cumming at Sixth & I Historic Synagogue. The event includes a signed copy of his new book and a conversation between Cumming and NPR’s All Things Considered host Ari Shapiro
- Become the artist you always knew you could be with a life drawing class at the Hillyer from 6 to 9 p.m. tonight.
- Instead of looking at our government, why not turn back to the democracy of the Greeks with a panel presented at the National Geographic that looks at their democratic legacy. The event starts at 6:30 p.m. but your ticket also gives you access to “The Greeks: Agamemnon to Alexander the Great.”
And if you’re not into anything on this list, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it.)