WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- From March 7 – May 2 there will be chlorine testing in DC. .and Northern Virginia drinking water. This is being talked about mainly because of the fact that it’s going to cause the water to smell a little like chlorine, and maybe taste like it… a little (Washington Post).
- President Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama are going to be the key note speakers at this year’s South by Southwest. And yes, this is the first time a president has ever gone to SXSW (DCist).
- Supporters and opponents of abortion rights gathered around the Supreme Court to share their stance on the Whole Woman’s Health v. Hellerstedt case (Washington Post).
- The Verizon Center might not be called the Verizon Center anymore (Bizjournal).
- You can buy your favorite Girl Scout cookies at different locations throughout the city including Ben’s Chili Bowl, Busboys and Poets, Zorba’s Cafe, and a lot of Safeways (Borderstan).
- Since December the Metro vending machines have only been giving out SmarTrip cards and soon the fare gates will no longer be accepting paper fare cards. Sorry tourists? (NBC 4)
- Use the hashtag #5womenartists to show off your knowledge of women in the arts or if you can’t name any look up the hashtag to learn more about them! The National Museum of Women in the Arts is suggesting that you educate yourself, please (City Paper).
- The cherry blossoms are set to start blooming by the end of the month permitting we don’t see snow again this winter (City Paper).