WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- A woman gave birth in the cafe car of an Amtrak train. And yes, most people didn’t notice she was in labor until after the fact (via Daily Mail).
- The DC Metro is apparently the number one transit system in the US. Even the Washington Post is surprised about this. This is a good time to use the phrase, ‘take it with a grain of salt.’
- Everyone is flocking to Mount Pleasant according to Redfin Real Estate. It was ranked number five out of ten on a list of the “hottest communities” to live in in the country (via Washington Post).
- If you want some light reading for your next morning commute check out the Metro’s 65 page report on why it’s in the state it’s in (via WAMU).
- Mayor Bowser just visited Cuba and we’re not sure why because it’s being called “an exploratory mission” (via WAMU).
- The rain is causing flooding in a Southeast DC jail and things aren’t looking great (via NBC 4).
- Yesterday afternoon the two suspects involved in the shooting on the Metro’s Green Line were arrested. The 16 and 19 year old suspects are now in custody (via NBC 4).