WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- OK, so there’s been a request for a proposal in a study for creating a link between Georgetown and Rosslyn via an aerial gondola. If this doesn’t make much sense to you either you can read the actual proposal (via BizJournal).
- The Accumulated Winter Season Severity index said that D.C. is the only place east of Denver with the achieved status of a “severe” winter. We did it you guys! We’ve earned our right to complain about the weather without seeming over dramatic (via Washington Post).
- Virginia homeowners can now rent out their spaces through Airbnb. Apparently the people in opposition to this thought that it could hurt Virginia’s hospitality industry. Stay tuned everyone (via NBC).
- D.C. taxi drivers are getting fed up with the MPD because of their ticket issuing practices (via WAMU).
- The D.C. Public Library, along with Community Tax Aid D.C., is working to offer free tax services at the Marin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library (via Washington Post).
- Mayor Muriel Bowser just hired a new Chief Technology Officer, Archana Vemulapalli (via DC Inno).