WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
Its fucking freezing out (as if you hadn’t noticed) – but it’s only going to be more miserable this weekend. (Via Washington Post)
- In awesome news, paid family leave is on its way to becoming a thing in D.C. (Via Washington Post)
- The D.C. Taxi App has finally arrived! And everybody is still probably going to be using Uber or Lyft…. (Via Washington Post)
- A new homeless shelter is opening in SW, which is great, especially when D.C. has weather like this.
- Thrillist found out what it takes to run as the president for the Washington Nationals. Note: such a big head calls for an even bigger ego.
- Plans for a D.C. Arena football team are being finalized, and one of the name possibilities is the “Washington Mauls.” Please no. (Via Washington Post)
- Plans for Donald Trump’s monstrosity of a hotel in D.C. have been revealed [collective groan]. (Via Forbes)