WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- Former Mayor Vincent C. Gray is playing hard to get with the local politics scene. And by that I mean he may or may not be plotting a return to D.C. politics (via Washington Post).
- If you don’t want to get caught up in something called “International Tribal Meetup Day” don’t hang around the Dupont Circle Starbucks this weekend. This shit show (sorry, meetup) is organized by the heterosexual men’s rights blog called Return of Kings. “Crazy feminists” aren’t welcome (via Borderstan).
- If you have some free time on your hands or know someone else who does, maybe you should suggest that they enter the 10th Annual Peeps Diorama Contest. This actually looks like it would be a fun project (perhaps an opportunity to make social commentary via sugary candy) the Post provides details on entering and contest rules.
- Councilmember Vincent Orange just introduced a bill to rename UDC in honor of Marion Barry (via DCist).
- Mayor Bowser announced that 10 D.C. public schools are adding an extra month to their calendars starting in the 2016-2017 year. The extra 20 days of classes will be balanced out with more breaks in October and June. What would have once been one of your greatest nightmares now doesn’t seem like a bad idea (via City Paper).
- The Washingtonian put together a giant list full of advice for living in D.C., also called a how to guide.
- I can’t help but think about how disinterested we would probably be in anything Metro related if the Metro operated how it should be operating. ANYWAY, there’s word that the Metro’s Secretary Anthony Foxx might be replacing four of the board’s federal appointees (via WAMU).