WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- Before we get into our regularly scheduled snarky news, here’s some important info. We Are Family DC is delivering groceries to seniors so they don’t go hungry or hurt themselves attempting to go shopping. If you can help them with this tonight, you should. Find out more here.
- Car2Go is pausing service in the city because, as we learned during the traffic calamity yesterday, people in D.C. really are stupid enough to try and drive a tiny smart car through a foot of snow and ice. (via Twitter)
— Aaron Myers (@aaronemyers) January 21, 2016
- D.C. hotels are losing a ton of money to Airbnb, but considering how much money hotels make I’m finding it very difficult to care. (via DCInno)
- City Paper is recapping every episode of the Real Housewives of Potomac because they hate themselves. (via City Paper)
- Thrillist has a helpful little roundup of the best restaurants to open in D.C. this winter. Maybe you’ll be able to tunnel your way over to them during the blizzard. (via Thrillist)
- We’re in a state of emergency!!! (via DCist)
- Remember when we got really excited about people and places getting fined for not shoveling and salting their sidewalks? Looks like the city won’t be able to reinforce it this time around because the city hasn’t printed up notices. What a time to be alive. (via WAMU)