WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- Bandwidth asks the important question, “Is The 9:30 Club Whitewashing Its History?” (via Bandwidth)
- Ivy & Coney took some inspiration from the Hipster Business Name Generator, a BYT office favorite, for their new door design (RIP WELCOME TO THE THUNDERDOME) (via POPville)
- D.C.’s Styrofoam ban is in full effect. (via City Paper)
- Everyone you know is moving to Navy Yard. Including all of the dogs. (via Washington Post)
- A D.C. pot activist proposed a weed strike in support of a living wage. Good luck. (via City Paper)
- The Renwick Gallery is hands down the most Instagrammable thing in D.C., but is the art actually good? (via Washington Post)
- Not only is Gwyneth Paltrow is now an investor in Jose Andres Beefsteak, but apparently whenever MC Hammer is obsessed with D.C. too. There has to be cocaine in the vegetables. That’s the only thing that makes sense. (via Washington Post)