WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy
- If you’re into listening to meteorologists do what they do best, listen to Jason Samenow talk about his weather predictions for D.C. on WAMU. Talk about a good commute soundtrack.
- Bei Bei, the baby panda you’re not sure whether or not you think is cute yet, just took his first steps (via DCist).
- There’s a traffic safety bill being considered by D.C. Council that would allow bikers to yield at stop signs if there isn’t too much oncoming traffic or pedestrians around. Good news for those of us (me) who can only stop their bike by purposely falling down (via NBC).
- The Metropolitan Police Department only arrested seven people for possession of marijuana in the year after Initiative 71 was passed. That means arrests down 99.2 percent. Cue a collective I told you so (via City Paper).
- More veterans in D.C. are becoming less homeless (via WAMU).
- D.C. is number seven on a list of the most snobbiest cities in America (via Washington Post).
- Keeping things topical (kidding), La Colombe’s Chinatown location is opening this Sunday (via City Paper).