WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- D.C. is officially an oppressed minority. Now we really have something to get behind. (via City Paper)
- Our favorite band of meteorologists, the Capital Weather Gang, is predicting that D.C. is going to see more rain than snow this year. That sounds like the worst! (via Washington Post)
- Metro is finally answering some of our prayers by introducing new 60 foot long buses. (via City Paper)
- Apparently, our jails are falling apart. Isn’t that fun and not at all disconcerting? (via NBC)
- WAMU has an interesting article about D.C.’s lesbian separatist collective and how the house they met in in the 70’s may become a historic landmark.
- Construction crews at Alexandria’s waterfront discovered what might be the city’s first public building while preparing for construction. This is basically the plot to Poltergeist, right? (via Washington Post)
- Speaking of Virginia, Arlington may raise their taxis fees. That’s cool. No one wants to go to Virginia anyway. (via WBJ)