WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- The Washington Nationals just hired Dusty Baker as their manager (via Nationals).
- Metro still needs a manager, though (via DCist).
- Speaking of the Metro, you might be able to buy food in Metro stations sometime soon. Don’t count on being able to eat your breakfast in the train car, though (via Washington Business Journal).
- Unsurprisingly, Metro customers are increasingly unhappy with subway service (via Washington City Paper).
- Parking meter prices are increasing, giving D.C. dwellers yet another reason to not leave the house as winter approaches (via Washington Post).
- The New York Red Bulls beat D.C. United 1-0 yesterday during their Eastern Conference Semifinals game (via DCist).
- In Maryland, some people who have been previously imprisoned get a second chance to start with a clean slate with the Second Chance Act (via WAMU).
- Union Market is getting some new cribz for you to live in (via Washington Business Journal).
- Or, if you love a home with history and you’ve got $3.25 mil to spare, a D.C. mansion and site to a quadruple murder is on the market (via WTOP).