WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- The Goethe-Institut is leaving Chinatown after 20 years. Blame the real estate market (WAMU)
- There’s secret surveillance of ‘suspicious’ blacks in Georgetown. (Washington Post)
- In similar bad news, video of a black teen being forcefully handcuffed by a white cop has gone viral and inspired protests. (WJLA)
- In case you were wondering if Metro’s problems were just train related, they’re not! Nine people were hospitalized after a Metrobus crash in Southeast. (DCist)
- Let’s end on a silly, high note. D.C. will soon have a second restaurant that sells burrito-sized sushi! That’s silly and has nothing to do with racial profiling, racist cops or Metro failures! (Washington City Paper)