WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- Hurricane Joaquin is maybe not destroying our city. (via DCist)
- New retail apartment buildings are heading to Anacostia. Get ready for that sweet, sweet gentrification. (via Washington Post)
- Our beloved Metro map could have looked very very different. (via Greater Greater Washington)
- D.C.’s best monument, the Exorcist steps are finally being commemorated. (via City Paper)
- Former mayor Vincent C. Gray may be running for city council. I guess he just couldn’t get enough of those good old fashioned D.C. politics. (via DCist)
- Speaking of the city council, they’re doing important things like figuring out what D.C.’s official amphipod is! Important stuff (via Washington Post)