WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- Very important! Can you guess which D.C. establishments these bathrooms belong to? Take this quiz and hope you do better than I did (via Washington Post).
- The Metro is so fucked, The National Transportation Safety Board has officially recommended federal oversight. I guess it can’t get any worse, right? (via City Paper)
- You know the rain and humidity that have been plaguing D.C. for the past two days? It’s turning into a hurricane and its name is Joaquin (via WAMU).
- In better news, graduation rates in D.C. public schools have risen from 58% to 64% in just one year (via CBS).
- Kim Davis met with Pope Francis when he was in D.C. “Who am I to have this rare opportunity? I am just a County Clerk who loves Jesus and desires with all my heart to serve him.” Her words, not his (via NPR).
- The portrait of former Speaker of the House John Boehner is no longer at the Foggy Bottom Trader Joe’s. It’s not a personal thing (probably), they’re doing the same with the murals of some other political figures (via Washingtonian).
- D.C. air quality has apparently been improving. This past summer was the city’s third in a row without any “Code Red” days. So I guess Global Warming really is a Liberal hoax. Kidding (via WTOP).