WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- D.C. Public Schools are making it a requirement for second graders to learn how to ride a bike and students at Walker-Jones Education Campus are some of the first to experience this new curriculum. This may or may not be CitiBike’s way of luring in future customers early on in the bike riding game (via Washington Post).
- Do you remember the Bethesda resident who was fined $50 for picking raspberries from Wheaton County Park in July? Well, now he’s taking the case to court (via Bethesda Magazine).
- There’s been a lot of talk about Mayor Bowser’s decision to build a third sports stadium in D.C. and all of the money that’s going into the big business that is the world of sporting events (via Washington City Paper).
- Don’t think we forgot about the Pope being in D.C. because we know you haven’t. Maybe you’re working from home, maybe you aren’t, and/or maybe you want to stay up to date with all things Pope so don’t worry because there’s a live stream for that (via NY Times).
- District Pilates has just opened in the Shaw neighborhood where Reformation Fitness used to be. But where is the Soul Cycle??? (via PoPville).