WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- If you’re going to Landmark this weekend, maybe reconsider the ladder you were going to bring so you could get a better glimpse of Drake. Other things on the list of no no’s are selfie sticks, framed backpacks, marijuana, and laser pointers.
- The Pope’s visit to D.C. has resulted in the Pope-themed versions of everything from beer and mugs, to rooftop parties and special pizzas. Because sometimes we’re capitalist monsters (via DCist).
- In other (not so great) news, the rate of obesity in D.C. is on a steady incline (via wamu).
- In case you get to meet the Pope and forget what constitutes appropriate behavior with someone other than your best friend rest assured that there’s a guide for that (via Washingtonian).
- There’s a corn maze in Frederick Maryland that was modeled out of Taylor Swift’s face. She posted about it on her Instagram too (via NBC).
- A bicyclist in Alexandria was given a $91 ticket for failure to stop at a stop sign. What’s a guy to do if a bicycle doesn’t have the same kind of brakes as a car does? (via Fox)