WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- There is a delightful petition asking the Pope to bless the Metro. I think what we really need is for him to perform an exorcism, though. (via DCist)
- Cell reception is fully and officially coming to the Metro. I guess the Pope really has blessed the Metro? (via Washington Post)
- Contract federal workers are striking today for better wages, just in time for the Popes arrival. Welcome to D.C.! (via CNN)
- Six of D.C.’s public schools were flagged for test violations. It’s good to learn these kind of skills early. (via Washington Post)
- Speaking of tests, CUA has joined GW and AU in making the SAT/ACT optional. (via WAMU)
- D.C. needs to fix it’s liquor laws, according to bar owner Tom Brown. Here at BYT, we’re always pro-booze. (via Washington Blade)