WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- Authorities at Reagan and Dulles airports are saying that they’re going to be charging companies like Uber and Lyft a fee that’s probably just going to make fares higher for passengers. Thanks, guys! (via Greater Greater Washington)
- Here’s an update on the National Zoo’s new panda cub, because sometimes we care more about cute animals than we do people. (via dcist)
- The frenzy continues: you can now buy a SmarTrip card with Pope Francis’ face on it. (via Washington Post)
- More in weed news: Maryland is starting to execute its plan to distribute licenses to grow medical marijuana. (via WAMU)
- Glen’s Garden Market’s Shaw location is set to open on 8th street in November. We meet again, gentrification. (via Popville)
- Civil War photographer Alexander Gardner’s work is going to be exhibited at the National Portrait Gallery. One of his customers was Daniel Day Lewis – oops, I meant President Abraham Lincoln. You can also look at our preview of it. (via Washington Post)