WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- Mayor Bowser plans to propose a $23 million supplemental budget that will go toward addressing the crime wave. (via Washington Post)
- Fig & Olive reopens today at 4pm after a string of salmonella events connected to the fancy establishment forced it to close. (via NBC)
- USPS is removing a bunch of blue postal boxes for the Popes visit because our entire city is just dissolving into madness and it’s going to be great. (via City Paper)
- Bloomingdale used to be the center of D.C.’s “crime underworld” and that just seems so so funny. (via Greater Greater Washington)
- D.C.’s cat cafe, Crumbs & Whiskers, is going to start offering yoga because every place in D.C. offers yoga. Cemeteries in D.C. offer yoga classes. This is the world we live in. (via City Paper)
- Breakfast sandwiches are truly the nectar of the gods and sometimes you want them even when it’s not breakfast time. Here’s a very helpful list of places that can help you itch that scratch. (via Washington Post)