WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- Not again! It is 70% likely that the government will shut down this October. Well, at least half of DC will be enjoying some time off. (NY Mag)
- What better way to prepare for the Pope’s arrival than by eating away your Pope-related Metro anxiety? And just on theme, there is a Vatican-inspired Pope Pizza. (via Washingtonian)
- Fireball over DC!!! No, not the whiskey you lushes. Washington Monument camera caught a bright meteor streaking over Virginia. (via Washington Post)
- Columbia Heights Day is going to include bubble soccer. It looks amazing and dangerous. I feel like people could possibly die playing this game. It’s great. (via New Columbia Heights)
- D.C. has its own PRINT fashion directory. This could be cool? I guess? Maybe? (via Washingtonian)
- Trader Joe’s is opening another store in Capitol Hill. Yay for more long lines! Yay for good cheese! For being the capital of the free world, our grocery stores are very Soviet. (via WUSA)
- Say goodbye to Barry, the beloved decommissioned cold-war US-Destroyer docked in Navy Yard, that you have probably never visited / didn’t even know exist. I cannot with you people. I hope you are happy with yourselves. (Washington Post)