WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- A very small group of people took to the Mall over the weekend to celebrate the Confederate Flag and then another small group of people protested them doing that. It looked like quite the party. (via DCist)
- Union Market is so cool its pushing out local vendors. Ah, the sound of sweet sweet gentrification. (via Washington Post)
- Vincent Orange is really good at ping pong. I guess that’s cool? (via City Paper)
- D.C. has double the amount of sidewalk cafes it did in 2009. That is a cool thing. Sidewalk cafes are the shit. (via WTOP)
- All of D.C.’s spray parks are staying open an extra week because it’s still hot as hell outside and everyone needs to cool the fuck down. (via NBC)
- D.C. received an award to build sustainable housing in Deanwood. I did not know Deanwood was a place. Deanwood, Edgewood, and Brentwood should team up to form a super neighborhood.(via City Paper)
- Rumors has a new sandwich they’ve humbly named “The Pope’s Favorite Sandwich.” It has provolone and chicken and it looks delicious. (via Washingtonian)