Where we talk about stuff (happening in and around D.C.) we didn’t write about but is still something you may care to get all riled about and comment on. So, without further ado – today, in other D.C. media sources:
- If you needed another reason to convince you that dogs have it better, here you go! (via Prince of Petworth)
- Did you hear? There was a sparkly vampire sighting in Alexandria over the weekend. Fortunately, necks were left untouched while he enjoyed a medium rare steak at the Majestic. (via Old Town Alexandria Patch)
- What is happening to all of the sidewalk cafes in the District?! (via TBD)
(Photo via TBD)
- Just because you might have to sit in a cubicle for an internship this summer doesn’t mean that you can’t look fabulous. Refinery 29 shares some chic tips for the intern on an budget (because that internship is probably not paying you).
- If you’re like me, you’re probably not going to Chic-fil-A to be healthy, you’re going for those waffle fries and fried chicken filets. But if you’re a calorie conscious eater being dragged there by your unhealthy friends, here are the better menu choices. (via Washingtonian)
(Photo via Adam Kuban)
- Former Washington City Paper food editor, Chris Shott, writes his last entry on WCP. Spoiler alert — it involves a Big Mac and PCP.
- In case you haven’t been able to make it out to H St NE for Shawafel, this June, Shawafel is coming to you. (via Prince of Petworth)