WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy…
- Get ready for 19 new restaurants and bars to open over the next year in Shaw. A variety of places will be opening so you can go bankrupt trying out a different type of food every day! (via CityPaper)
- One’s beginning is another’s end. It has been confirmed that Ulah Bistro on U Street will be closing on Tuesday, July 28th (via PoPville).
- D.C. Board of Elections has approved of a ballot initiative which would increase minimum wage to $15 and eliminate lower minimum wage for tipped workers. Maybe a better future really is upon us!! (via WAMU)
- If you actually enjoy history, there is some big announcement about the founders of the Jamestown colony to be released on July 28th. Head over to the National Museum of Natural History to find out what this could be (via WUSA9).
- Four historic buildings in Harpers Ferry have been destroyed due to a fire early this morning. There has been no news of what caused it but luckily no one was injured (via NBC4).
- On Tuesday, a man was stopped while going through a checkpoint at BWI with multiple knives, smoke grenades, and a hatchet. Uhh okay….(via WUSA9).