WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy…
- Turns out that while Congress has no qualm with dictating the laws of DC, they have many qualms with its public transit system. Who would think Metro could break party lines? (via WaP0)
- Gyrocopter mailman, everyone’s favorite civil disobeyer, rejected a plea deal that would land him in jail for 10 months. Perhaps while awaiting trial he can build another machine to escape (via NBC).
- More people keep getting arrested for drinking on the mall. If open containers near the Lincoln Memorial is wrong, then I don’t want to be right (via PoPville).
- Sharknado 3 is on tonight, and it’s set in DC (in case you forgot), so you should go to one of the multiple viewing parties this evening (via WaPo).
- And while there’s a large consensus that dating in Washington is hard, our neighbors in Alexandria are enjoying life in the 5th most romantic city in America (via WUSA9).