WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy…
- The one must read of the day, an online troll destroys a local family’s actual real life. Fuck. That. Guy. (via WaPo)
- Mayor Bowser predicts a 200,000 population increase in the next few decades. Meanwhile, I predict we all move to the burbs because housing costs is cray. (via CityPaper)
- D.C. police arrests 30 guys in a huge downtown prostitution sting. No prostitutes seem to have been arrested, focusing on the scumbag dudes and not the sex workers themselves. So that’s cool. (via DCist)
- In transit news: A MARC train and dump truck collided yesterday in Montgomery county, but everything seems to be all clear now… (via WaPo)
- …and DC’s new street cars are scheduled to be launched in some vaguely distant future (via WAMU)
- D.C. was once the murder capital, then it wasn’t and now people are getting killed again. Most of us are not cool with that, so these SE community leaders held an anti-violence march (via WJLA).
- …and Donald Trump is still an asshole (via WaPo).