WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy…
- A male agouti, described as a cat-sized rodent, escaped from the National Zoo but luckily was caught within half an hour. And you thought a rat couldn’t get any worse…(via DCist).
- To every child’s delight, D.C. Public School’s main food vendor, Chartwells Dining Services, has quit for the upcoming school year (via CityPaper).
- Unsurprisingly, D.C. has been named the second worst city to be a driver in the US. Because none of us would have guessed (via DCist).
- With that being said, D.C. Uber drivers are not making nearly enough money (via Washingtonian).
- Looks like every type of D.C. transportation is a mess. If you’re riding the Red Line today, it has been a complete disaster due to delays because of a track problem outside of Grosvenor (via DCist).
- If you’ve seen people walking around today wearing “End the Awkward” pins, it’s because of the campaign’s day to raise awareness about respectfully interacting with people with disabilities. Join the movement and help spread the word! (via DC.gov)
- There is a lot of transit news going on today. Apparently, within the next five years, DC may see a ferry service for points between the Woodrow Wilson Bridge and Washington D.C. Maybe this will help clear up some of the clusterfuck that is DC traffic (via WTOP).