WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy…
- Ben Platt, underdog Benji Applbaum from Pitch Perfect, will be coming to Arena Stage as lead role in the new musical Dear Evan Hansen. *Cue all the fan girls* (via Washingtonian).
- Biketivism DC is creating a human shield along Pennsylvania Avenue to protest driver’s illegal U-turns in respect to the safety of bikers. Honestly, a few bodies won’t matter to DC drivers (via City Paper).
- A new age has truly begun. The Washington Post original headquarters is soon to be demolished (via Biz Journal).
- House speaker John A. Boehner wants Congress to have an “adult debate” regarding the display of the Confederate flag at the U.S. capitol. Why is this still a discussion? (via Washington Post).
- In an unfortunate turn of events, transgender patients are claiming that they are being refused care from Georgetown Hospital (via Washingtonian).
- University of Maryland is now allowing alcohol to be sold at sporting games. This trial year will consist of beer only but if the students do well, wine could be added to the menu! Hang in there UMD students (via WUSA9).