WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy…
- Like the Ft. Reno summer shows, Adams Morgan Day, may return. It’s just going to be a little less grand than usual. (via Washington Post)
- YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE IS RETURNING? West End Cinema. Like a glorious phoenix, it’s rising from the ashes. Check out what we think about it.
- Claudia’s Steakhouse has a $125 gin martini and people are ordering it. Not a whole lot of people but still. Someone please get me one of those ASAP. (via City Paper)
- Speaking of food, Olivia’s Diner opened today (well, soft opened), which means you’ll have another place to eat delicious, fried comfort food. Plus, they may eventually be open 24 hrs a day. There’s nothing better than a constant stream of fried food. (via Borderstan)
- Ben’s H Street location opens up tomorrow as well! Forget work tomorrow. Just go out and eat all of the food you possibly can. Just go for it. (via WJLA)
- There is so much food news today. The folks behind Founding Farmers are opening up yet another restaurant called Farmers & Distillers. I bet you can’t guess what the focus is going to be. (via Biz Journals)
- Mayor Muriel Bowser went off on the D.C. Council in her most recent email blast. Damn, remind me to never get on Bowser’s bad side. (via City Paper)