WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy…
- The Fort Reno lineup is here, after this year’s scare as to whether or not the shows would happen again. The first show is on July 6, will feature East West HWY, Sara Curtain, and the Fuss (via Fort Reno Website).
- Arlington’s Artisphere bid us farewell with a depressing press release, salvaged only by the fact that many staff members who worked there are moving back to Arlington City’s Cultural Affairs Division. #artforever (via Artisphere).
- The National Parks Service is stalling giving the Washington football team a lease on RFK Stadium, in continual efforts to combat what many people consider a racist name (via WTOP).
- Plus the minimum wage went up today in DC (by a dollar, which is awesome) and in Maryland (by a quarter, which is not-as-awesome but still cool) (via CBS).
- A teaser for a new, House of Cards styled gritty political drama about the DC City Council was released on YouTube today. Details scarce on a release date, but the trailer for the aptly titled The Council looks gritty af (via City Paper).
- And finally, some dude is riding the Metro in a shark costume. He must be excited for Shark Week (either the show or the band, we’re not really sure) (via WaPo).