WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy…
- It’s stupid hot outside, guys! Drink water, stay in the shade, try not to die! (via National Weather Service)
- And watch out for another round of crazy bad hail storms tonight (via WaPo).
- By 2016, 600 DC police officers will be outfitted with body cameras. This is a good thing (via WAMU).
- Amanda McKaye needs your money so you can attend a free rock concert. You read that right (via CityPaper).
- McAuliffe has taken steps to remove the confederate flag from VA license plates. Because people just now realized that shit is racist (via DCist).
- Meanwhile, members of the Redskins camp claim that racism is protected under free speech (via Washington Business Journal).
- In sadder news, MD Gov. Larry Hogan has cancer. Speedy recovery, Larry!! (via DCist).
- Charlie Palmer Steak DC and Fiola are named as two of America’s best places to seal a business deal (via Bloomberg Business)
- Kristen Beck, former Navy seal who happens to be transgender is running for congress. You go! (via WaPo).