WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy…
- A Maryland resident was charged for harboring an alligator as a pet after his neighbors saw it get a bit too close for comfort to their own property (via WaPo).
- Take a look at “DC’s first true bourbon distillery,” Joseph A. Magnus & Co (via PoPville).
- Had a hard time getting out of bed this morning? Better make use of WTOP’s recently published map detailing coffee drinkers in DC. Downtown takes the number 1 spot, probably because there’s a Starbucks on every corner there (via WTOP).
- Speaking of coffee shops, a new café called Habit has opened in Mt. Pleasant, serving meat pies and tea. Sounds British af (via PoPville).
- That guy who flew his DIY gyrocopter through restricted airspace (and then landed outside of the US Capitol!) rejected a plea deal that involved several years in prison, stating his act was one of “civil disobedience” (via WaPo).
- And while many speculated that Bravo was rebooting “Real Housewives” to be set in DC, it turns out the next DMV reality TV “docu-series” will be called “Potomac Ensemble” and deal with “social status, power and influence” among Maryland socialites (via WaPo).