WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy…
- If you recently spent time at the Embassy Suites by the Convention Center, you might want to see a doctor… Someone who recently traveled abroad contracted measles and brought it back with them. (via Washington Post)
- Ashleymadison.com, a dating site for affairs, ranked D.C. the top city in the nation for cheating on one’s partner based on membership registration. (via Washington Post)
- Christopher Barry, a recent D.C. Council candidate and the son of former Mayor Barry, pled guilty to charges related to an apparent meltdown he had at the bank. (via WJLA)
- A speakeasy-themed bar called The Speak opens today on K St. (via Eater DC)
- A federal judge deemed the requirement for gun-owners to have a “good reason” to carry their firearms in the District unconstitutional, effectively loosening gun restrictions in D.C. (via WAMU).
- The D.C. DMV is trying to squeeze fees from drivers for decades-old tickets, and some motorists are pretty pissed off about it. (via MyFoxDC)