WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy…
- Wards 4 and 8 will elect new council members in special elections tomorrow. (via Washington Post)
- The interior of the Corcoran Gallery of Art attained a “historical landmark” designation by D.C.’s historic preservation board, and George Washington University isn’t thrilled about it. (via WAMU)
- An audit of D.C.’s crime lab conducted by the ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board led to a suspension of all DNA testing. (via WJLA)
- The Capitals will play the Islanders tonight in game 7 of their heated playoff series. (via WJLA)
- Lake Anne Brew House, a nanobrewery featuring a dozen different beers, is expected to open in Reston by the end of August. (via Eater DC)
- On Wednesday, May 6, DC Vote will hold it’s second annual 3 Star Ball to honor DC United’s commitment to the organization. The event will take place at the rooftop of the National Associate of Realtors Building, and will feature a DJ set, an open bar, and hors d’oeuvres by Top Chef‘s Spike Mendelsohn. Get a ticket for $75 at www.dcvote.org.
- Head down to the Capitol on Friday for “Yoga on the Hill,” featuring former NFL linebacker Keith Mitchell, held to benefit veterans.