Where we talk about stuff (happening in and around D.C.) we didn’t write about but is still something you may care to get all riled about and comment on. So, without further ado – today, in other D.C. media sources:
- If you’re a D.C. resident and were planning to empty your wallet at those Wal-Marts they promised us at the end of the year, I’ve got some bad news. The first store won’t open until the end of 2013. (via Washington Post)
- Refinery 29 shares a handful of awesome places to have a picnic and enjoy the weather.
(Photo via Yards Park)
- Want to know what the National Mall might be redesigned to? Four finalists have been chosen to compete for the final design of each area near the Capitol, Washington Monument and Constitution Gardens. (via Huffington Post)
- Spray paint graffiti is so last decade, its all about the knit graffiti these days. (via Prince of Petworth)
(Photo via Prince of Petworth)
- TBD has the scoop on the Metro’s new Rush + designs and also notes that Metro chosen the Helvetica font face for the Metro line letters. (Good typography choice!)
(Photo via TBD)
- In case you haven’t had the chance to stop by the Green Pig Bistro in Clarendon, Eater DC has some pictures of the snazzy new restaurant.