WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy…
- The votes are in! The Smithsonian National Zoo announced the names of its two new Andean bear cubs: Mayni and Muniri.
- D.C. is riddled with STDs compared to the rest of the country. (via DCist)
- The Pope is coming to town, but not until fall. (via WJLA)
- A couple of students at George Mason University are developing a way to put out fires with sound. (via MyFoxDC)
- Avast, ye scalawags! The pirate-themed Silver Spring bar Piratz Tavern will close its doors for good on April 4th. (via DC Eater)