WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy…
- The snow is hitting hard! Hopefully you’re all set and buckled in, because the wintery pummeling is expected to continue well into the afternoon and possibly even the evening. (via Washington Post)
- Don’t let the snowy roads stop you from drinking on your snow day… Beverage delivery service Klink is offering free delivery all day in D.C. when you use the promotion codes “Snowday” or “BYT.”
- Capital Bikeshare is increasing fares to expand its program, though it’s doing away with the credit/debit card authorization hold.
- Even though the budget for the trip has been cut down, it seems like Mayor Bowser will still get to rock out at Austin’s SXSW this year. (via WJLA)
- D.C. Council members introduced legislation that aims to ban sales of e-cigarettes and vaporizers to minors, which begs the question: “was that not already a thing?” (via WAMU).
- Congresswoman Norton’s appeal to open the grounds of the Capitol to sledding may have failed, but sledders are assembling in protest anyway. (via DCist)