WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy…
- At long last, the Black Cat finally has a happy hour! Now you can snag a $4 Tecate tallboy or shot of Jameson before heading to the stage. Show times are also being pushed up a little earlier to accommodate metro-riding concertgoers.
- Cupcakes are so last year… Eclairs are where it’s at now, as evidenced by the opening of G’eclair in Adams Morgan. (via Washington Post).
- Two more people got caught (separately) trespassing on the White House lawn. (via Washington Post).
- The artist who painted the portrait of Bill Clinton that hangs in the portrait gallery added a shadow of Monica Lewinsky’s infamous dress to the work. (via The Hill)
- D.C. ushered in marijuana legalization this weekend with a two-day trade show, featuring artists and entrepreneurs brainstorming ways to capitalize on an industry still in its infancy. (via WJLA)
- Save your farewells for the snow… there’s a good chance that there’s more on its way. (via Washington Post)