WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy…
- It’s a sad day for aspiring Virginian ninjas… the Virginia House just judo-chopped a bill that would have allowed the sale of throwing stars, brass knuckles and switchblades. (via The Washington Post)
- D.C. area restaurants gain some deserved recognition, as The James Beard Foundation shows the D.C. culinary scene some love in this year’s list of James Beard Award semifinalists. (via The Washington Post)
- There’s no more free beer at the D.C. Brau brewery due to too many people taking advantage of the samples.
- Rabbi Barry Freundel pleaded guilty to filming lots of naked women at a ritual bath. (via MyFoxDC)
- Francophiles rejoice! The annual Georgetown French Market is coming back for the 12th year in a row on April 24-25.
- There is seemingly no reprieve from the cold, as temperatures are expected to stay low with ungodly windchill tonight and into tomorrow. (via WJLA)