WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy…
- You’re broke. DC’s debt has never been quite this high (via WBJ)
- Possibly because we are spending it all on cookies? City Paper informs us that Captain Cookie’s brand new storefront sold 3500+ cookies in the first day. Watcha doin’ over there DC?
- Speaking of…Can’t afford a home in the area? You can always steal it. Just, you know, don’t get caught. (via WTOP)
- Gondolas AND a metro stop in Georgetown’s (sort of) future? (via Washington Post) Things are being mapped out and everything (via Planetizen). We can wait for 2028/2040 to come.
- But lets talk about right now: that wind last night was PRETTY REAL (via Popville)
- Rosa Parks archives opening now at the Library of Congress (via NBC). More updates on that here via Washington Post.
- Bargain shopping in the district. A full scoop from sales to “dumpster chic”. (via Washingtonian)
and finally, some food for thought:
- What is the ONE DISH you could not live without in the district? Eater has a handy list of dishes that restaurants ARE AFRAID to take off their menus (for fear of customer revolt).