WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy…
- The fate of our climate is decided by a taxidermal animal, as groundhog Potomac Phil sees his shadow in DuPont. (via Washington Post)
- Whitman-Walker Health Center absorbs Metro TeenAIDS in order to better reach younger D.C. residents. (via Washington Post)
- Adams Morgan loses Casa Oaxaca to rising rent, but Urban Butcher reopens in Silver Spring after recovering from fire damage. (via Washingtonian and Eater)
- Just in time for Valentine’s Day, D.C. is ranked the second-best city for singles. If you do manage to find a date by this dreaded holiday, generate some ideas by browsing our lists for: The Best DC Places for a Blind Date, The Best DC Places for a First Date, and The Best DC Places for a Seal-the-Deal/Special Occasion Date. (via DCist)
- Local musicians wanted! Shake Shack calls on D.C. bands to enter its “Burger Beats Contest.” Entries are welcome up until the end of February and can be submitted on Shake Shack’s facebook page.
- Get ready to inflate your bed-and-breakfast budget, as Airbnb institutes a new tax for its “hotels” in D.C. (via DC Inno)