WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy…
- FOO FIGHTERS ARE PLAYING AT BLACK CAT ON FRIDAY! YOU SHOULD PROBABLY (DEFINITELY) BE AT THIS!
- But if you’re not already in line, you’re most likely too late.
If you are not here in the next half hour, don’t waste your time.
— Black Cat (@BlackCatDC) October 21, 2014
- It’s gonna rain today and tonight and tomorrow!!!! (The Weather Channel)
- A woman in Prince George’s County won the $1 million lottery. And now I’m going to go befriend her. (Washington Post)
- If you want to ride your bike or segway on the sidewalks in D.C. that’s going to be a challenge. There is a bill up to ban bikes and Segways from MORE sidewalks in the district. However, they plan on banning in where there are bike lanes so it shouldn’t be a huge issue. (DCist)
- RGIII may or may not come back soon, according to this article. So that’s extremely helpful and informative. (Washington Post)
- A Maryland prison accidentally released a man facing murder charges. They released him on Friday and didn’t realized that they didn’t mean to until Sunday. How do you accidentally release a murderer? (WJLA)
- A man was arrested after doing push-ups naked in the street on 24th street. Ha. Wut. (NBC)
- AN AMERICAN BEING HELD CAPTIVE IN NORTH KOREA WAS JUST FREED! hollaaaa (NBC)
- Only 5 airports in the United States are letting in people from West African countries. Dulles is one of them. Rock on. (WJLA)
- A DC Dining bingo card has been created! The game is that every time the New York Times makes some stupid or snide comment about dining in DC, you mark a square. (Washington Post made this sheet)
- If you want to know what telemarketers think about you based on your zip code, and how you are targeted, you can. (WAMU)
- A 25-year transportation plan is being put into place, including 200 miles of new bike lanes and trails, as well as new sidewalks and pedestrian safety measures. So that’s cool. (Washington City Paper)
- Some guys are looking for the owner of a Jurassic Park Jeep in Glover Park. They’re willing to pay $200 just to drive it up to a party on Halloween. That’s it. $200 for 10 minutes of fame. I fully support their obsession. (Craigslist)