WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- In the wake of everything that’s happened these past few weeks, Secret Service director Julia Pierson just announced her resignation. (NY Times)
- If you needed an excuse to spend more time in Adams Morgan, it was named one of the 10 Best Places in the country by the American Planning Association.
- In the style of the beloved Pandacam, there is now a camera installed at the top of the Washington Monument, so you can watch the riveting goings-on of the reflecting pool from the comfort of your home. Watch it here. (12NewsNow)
- Some members of the DC Police will begin wearing body cameras in order to “enhance safety for officers and the public and make investigations more efficient.” (CBS)
- A Virginia couple is fighting Chesterfield County to keep their pet pig. The Johnsons say 150-pound Tucker is part of the family.(WTOP).
- Ebola is indeed in the US, but the White House doesn’t want you to panic! Here is everything you need to know. (White House)
and the biggest news in DC today…
- It’s Bentzen Ball Opening Night, and everyone has something to say: DCist, Washingtonian, The Washington Post, and CityPaper. We’re ready. Are you?